By: Arizona Advertising Guild
As the go-to resource for everything marketing and advertising in Arizona, we’ve pulled together a roundup of industry events happening in the Phoenix area. Whether you’re a beginner in your field or a seasoned professional, take a look at some of this month’s learning and networking opportunities to keep you moving forward in your career.
August 8 –Case Study Thursday: Does Industry Specific Expertise Matter?
Leigh Dow, founder and CEO of 48 West Agency, will share a case study that demonstrates how industry specific expertise can lead to client success. She’ll also provide tips on how to leverage industry knowledge for impactful marketing campaigns and how to build that knowledge, no matter what type of business you work with.
Where: Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, 6333 N. Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85250
- When: August 8, 3–5 p.m.
- Cost: $20 AMA Members, $35 nonmembers, $15 students
- Tickets: https://amaphoenix.org/event/case-study-thursday-industry-specific-expertise-matter/
August 9 – Ad Bowl
Join marketing pros from across the Valley as teams compete based on bowling prowess AND creativity. Prizes will be awarded for best individual and team costumes based on this year’s theme – superheroes and villains. All tickets include pizza and an open bar.
- Where: Bowlmor Lanes, 7300 E. Thomas Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- When: August 9, 6-8 p.m.
- Cost: Bowling spots are sold out but spectator tickets are still available for $30 – so come enjoy the event and amazing local networking
- Tickets: https://aafphx.com/clubevents/#!event/register/2019/8/9/ad-bowl
August 15 – Content Marketing Master Class: What Businesses Need to Know for Success
Content is King. During this workshop, attendees will learn how to drive sales through content marketing and effectively measure ROI. The master class is being led by local PR and marketing veteran and founder of Rainmaker Integrated, Jackie Wright. Onsite parking is limited, so be sure to arrive early if you want a close spot.
- Where: Better Business Bureau, 1010 E. Missouri Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85014
- When: August 15, 11:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Cost: $59, includes lunch and networking
- Tickets: https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/event/164567/2019/content-marketing-master-class-what-businesses-need-to-know-for-success
August 22 – Crafting Better Digital Personas With Attitudinal Segmentations
We live in a digital world where marketers have lots of data at their disposal and it’s no longer enough to target your audience based on buying habits or overarching segmentation points. To truly understand your buyer, you much discover their underlying attitudes, motivations, challenges and goals. Guest speaker Susan Baier will show attendees how to unpack demographic data to better understand their current, and prospective, customers.
- Where: Fate Brewing company, 1312 N. Scottsdale Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85257
- When: August 22, 6-8 p.m.
- Cost: Free AZIMA members, $65 nonmembers, $35 students and $75 at the door
- Tickets: https://joinazima.org/events/crafting-better-digital-personas-with-attitudinal-segmentation/
Check back every month for upcoming industry events happening in the Phoenix area. Interested in joining the Arizona Advertising Guild for more exclusive benefits? Check out the membership page for more info!