Job hunting – it’s about as much fun as filing your taxes, are we right? Thankfully, for those looking for a marketing job in the Phoenix area in the Arizona advertising world, there are a lot of opportunities available. We reached out to some of our members and asked for their best job-hunting advice. Read it below, along with links to some open positions in the Valley.
1. Get Involved
“For anyone looking for a job in the advertising community here in the Valley, we recommend getting involved with the Phoenix chapter of the American Advertising Federation. AAF Phoenix hosts a variety of networking events that the entire ANDERSON team loves to be a part of.”
Come to one of the Thirsty Thursdays that are hosted by AAF Phoenix for a good time and the chance to rub shoulders with pros across the Valley.
Follow AAF Phoenix on social to hear more about their upcoming events:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PhoenixAdClub/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/phoenixadclub
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/phoenixadclub/
2. Network, Network, Network, Network, Network … You Get the Picture!
“Networking is key. Start by finding mutual connections who may already work at the companies you are interested in. Then research that organization so you are well prepared for a potential interview. Don’t hesitate to see if your connection can make an introduction or pop in and put in a good word for you. Then return the favor when the time comes that they may need your help!”
A great turnout for the networking Happy Hour hosted for Phoenix Start Up Week.
Check out our monthly industry event roundup blog for upcoming networking opportunity!
3. Use Your LinkedIn Tools
“If you want to be taken seriously in the job hunt today, not only do you have to be on LinkedIn, but you need to have a well-thought-out platform. Take the time to ask your current connections to endorse your skills and write you recommendations. Make sure your experience section calls out the skills listed in the job openings you are applying for.”
Make sure you are regularly updating and posting on your LinkedIn page to demonstrate your industry expertise.
4. Join the Guild
Many of our members have job openings in marketing, public relations and graphic design in the Phoenix Valley. Check out our Guild-wide Phoenix-area careers page, or check out the links below to find your next opportunity:
- Avintiv: https://avintivmedia.com/careers
- BIG YAM: https://jobs.bigyam.com/
- DigitalWire360: https://digitalwire360.com/join-our-team/
- Fingerpaint: https://www.fingerpaint.com/careers/
- Ideas Collide: https://cho.tbe.taleo.net/cho02/ats/careers/v2/searchResults
- OH Partners: https://ohpartners.com/culture/#jobs
- Six Degrees Brand Building: https://www.six-degrees.com/careers/
In addition to advertising agencies, we also have various vendors as part of the Guild. Here are some hiring opportunities available on the vendor side: