As the go-to resource for everything Arizona advertising, we’ve pulled together a roundup of industry events happening in the Phoenix area. Whether you’re a beginner in your field or a seasoned professional, take a look at some of this month’s learning and networking opportunities to keep you moving forward in your career.
Join IABC Phoenix for a panel discussion focused on key communication skills and 2019 industry trends. Expert panelists include Stephanie McCarty – Chief Communications Officer at Tylor Morrison, Amy O’Hara – Associate Director of Communications at Carvana and Chelci Hudson – Senior Manager of Corporate Relations at Allstate Insurance. A light lunch will be served.
- Where: Make-A-Wish Arizona, 2901 N. 78th St. Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- When: Wednesday, March 13, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Cost: $20 IABC members, $25 non-members
Guest speaker Ira M. Gostin will share insights from working on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange and a successful career in communications, public relations and marketing. Gostin was named the Top Marketing Executive in Nevada in 2018 by Acquisition International and Chief Marketing Officer of the Year in the Western U.S. for 2017 by Corporate Vision Magazine.
- Where: The Newton, 300 W. Camelback Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85013
- When: Thursday, March 14, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Cost: $30 PRSA members, $20 PRSSA members, $45 non-members
Join AMA Phoenix and Mike Huber for a presentation and book launch. Take an in-depth look at each phase of the customer journey and how to turn potential customers into loyal brand advocates.
- Where: Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, 6333 N. Scottsdale Rd. Scottsdale, AZ 85250
- When: Thursday, March 14, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Cost: $15 students, $20 members, $35 non-member
Hosted by AAF Phoenix, the annual awards gala recognizes excellence and creativity in advertising in the market. It’s a great opportunity to see the incredible work coming out of this market and network with local industry pros.
- Where: The Phoenix Art Museum, 1625 N. Central Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85004
- When: Friday, March 15, 5:30 – 9 p.m.
- Cost: $150 general admission, table and sponsor opportunities are available
One of the biggest challenges any business will face in today’s digital age is keeping data safe. During the event, IT pro Jacob White will teach attendees to be aware of threats and offer techniques to keeping their information on lockdown.
- Where: Galvanize, 515 E. Grant St. Phoenix, AZ
- When: Tuesday, March 19, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Cost: Free AZTC members, $15 non-members
Join more than 200 Arizona-based marketing pros to share ideas and gain inspiration that will take your marking strategy to the next level. Attendees come from a range of backgrounds and will include in-house marketing, agency, nonprofit and corporate communications professionals.
- Where: Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel, 100 N. 1st St. Phoenix, AZ 85004
- When: Tuesday, March 21, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Cost: $150
The workshop, luncheon and networking event will feature a training session by Sean O’Neil, the president of Memory Dynamics, Inc. Hosted by the Phoenix Business Journal, event guests will learn how to unleash their brain’s hidden potential and improve overall memory function.
- Where: Better Business Bureau, 1010 E. Missouri Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85014
- When: Thursday, March 21, 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Cost: $50 single ticket, $89 two tickets
Check back every month for upcoming industry events happening in the Phoenix area. Interested in learning about new job opportunities in the Phoenix metro area? Follow our LinkedIn page for current listing, from our members.